We provide the most modern outdoor sports flooring & safety surfacing available on the market.Wet Pour is a continuous rubber surface which has excellent impact absorption and anti-slip properties. Available in a variety of thicknesses, it is by far the best material for any application; whether you have a traditional outdoor playground, a trim trail, or require indoor surfacing. Although it can be difficult to install, the effort pays for itself in the long term as wet pour requires little to no maintenance, and is very unlikely to deteriorate over years of use.
For advice on which material suits your playground’s needs, please do not hesitate to contact us – a member of our friendly team will be happy to help!
Outdoor Sports Flooring UAE
So What is Outdoor Sports Flooring ?
Elastic wet-pour, polyurethane, safety flooring ideal for running track, volleyball, handball, basketball, football courts and multipurpose courts. Consists of a mixture of EPDM 856 in granulometry of 1mm – 3mm (80% by weight) with PU BINDER 1118 (20% by weight) applied by paving machine or by trowel with the parallel use of a cylinder (10kg). It can create many designs and patterns by the use of different colors of EPDM 856. It is applied in 6mm -15mm thickness on asphalt and power-troweled smooth concrete surfaces without rising humidity issues.
Alternative, beneath the EPDM 856 plus PU BINDER 1118 mixture, a mixture of RECYCLED RUBBER 858 with PU BINDER 1118 can be applied in a thickness of 6mm – 50mm. This way all the possible thickness combination of SBR mixture with EPDM mixture on top can be created.
1.PU PRIMER 870 – Polyurethane Primer . Applied by brush.
2. Optional – Mixture of RECYCLED RUBBER 858 plus PU BINDER 1118. Applied by paving machine. Alternative, it can be applied by flat metal trowel after spreading and leveling with rake and straightedge. Rolling with cylinder for compacting, 6mm – 15mm thick.
3. Mixture of EPDM 856 plus PU BINDER 1118. Applied by paving machine. Alternative, it can be applied by flat metal trowel after spreading and leveling with rake and straightedge. Rolling with cylinder for compacting, 6mm – 15mm thick.
- During summer or during temperatures over 35 degrees, ideal time for the application of SYSTEM COLOR FLEX is between 21 00 and 06 00 and temperature less than 30oC, while in the winter, the minimum bearing temperature during application and drying should be over 10oC.
- The freshly coated surface should be protected from high temperatures, wind, rain and frost for at least the first 24 hours.
- In case it gets damaged, it is simply repaired and re coated on the spot.
Asphalt is the safer sub floor for the sport flooring for sure and must be always preferred than concrete surfaces.
A. Asphalt Substrate
The asphalt has to be closed porous for coatings that are till 4 mm and are not applied by paver machine but by squeezes. This happens in small thicknesses because otherwise you will need much more pore filler and raise costs. Also the asphalt must have a slope of 0,7-1% and must dry for at least 30 days so all solvents from the asphalt evaporate.
B. Concrete Surface
Concrete surface must be power troweled and must be smooth with a slope of 0,7-1%. Then concrete must dry at least for 40 days and then the application takes place if there is no arising humidity for the sub floor. Before the application takes place, there must be a proper grinding of the surface by a grinder machine to open the porous accordingly and also a measurement by special instrument to measure humidity on the surface and in 10 cm under the surface. Generally concrete is a risky sub floor and there may be problems with arising humidity, especially in areas where the sea level is really high and when the sea is close.